In addition to all its rich content and interactive student exercises, the online version of Focus on Grammar Interactive gives you a set of powerful tools for managing your course and tracking student progress. It’s all part of the new online Learning Management System.
- You can customize the order of the grammar points to match your curriculum, and decide which units you want the students to see.
- You set the passing grade for the course by selecting the score that you require for mastery.
- You receive alert notices that tell you letting which students are performing below the score – identifying students who might need extra help.
- Students receive instant feedback on their exercises.
- Quizzes and tests provide continuing assessment.
- Students can track their grades in their own gradebook.
- When you log in, they immediately see how the entire class is progressing.
- You can go into the Progess Report for more detailed grades, including:
- unit quizzes, part tests, and writing exercises
- how much time each student spends on each activity (time on task).
- And, you get a snapshot of how individual students are doing, with an easy-to-read graph that represents each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- You can offer individualized feedback on student writing assignments. You can “mark up” their assignments electronically and give comments. These e-portfolios let you spend your time improving student writing, not worrying about paper or handwriting.
To communicate with the entire class, you can send notes that appear in each student’s Study Plan.